We at the Halton Environmental Network (HEN) are reaching out to you as we never have before. We recognize the struggles may not be over for many of us as the pandemic continues, and we stand with you, supporting our community.
While the Covid 19 pandemic presents extraordinary challenges, this is also a time of hope and opportunity.
The values of health, safety and caring for one another have been pushed to the forefront. At HEN, we have also focused on these important values. In this time of physical distancing, we have pivoted to build a virtual community by delivering online workshops and connecting partners to enhance the wellbeing of our community.
HEN ensures that climate remains at the top of the agenda at all levels of government and with diverse community stakeholders. We are proud of our contributions to, and role in:
- 5 Municipal Climate Emergency declarations in Halton
- Oakville Community Energy Task Force
- Burlington Climate Action Stakeholder Committee
- Ensuring community gardens were deemed an essential service
- Educating and supporting the community with food gardens
- Being the backbone agency of the Halton Climate Collective
- Engaging youth with Generation Green
- Working on climate adaptation with the OakvilleReady program
- Propelling change and inspiring action with Halton Green Screens and our work with ArtHouse
- Supporting large community events with free waste mitigation (Oakville Children’s Festival, Conservation Halton Hops & Harvest Festival, Kerrfest, the Canadian Open)
- Leading the 100 Debates for the Environment in all five ridings in Halton, with valued partners such as the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW).
We don’t just talk about climate change, we drive solutions!
With your support, we can ensure that action on climate remains a priority. Your donation will be amplified with the Small Change Fund matching campaign, and you will also receive a charitable tax receipt.
Thank you for your support. Let’s take care of each other and our planet. To learn more about HEN and its programs that transform our community, visit the websites below.