We at the Halton Environmental Network (HEN) are reaching out to you as we never have before. We recognize the struggles may not be over for many of us as the pandemic continues, and we stand with you, supporting our community.
While the Covid 19 pandemic presents extraordinary challenges, this is also a time of hope and opportunity.
The values of health, safety and caring for one another have been pushed to the forefront. At HEN, we have also focused on these important values. In this time of physical distancing, we have pivoted to build a virtual community by delivering online workshops and connecting partners to enhance the wellbeing of our community.
HEN ensures that climate remains at the top of the agenda at all levels of government and with diverse community stakeholders. We are proud of our contributions to, and role in:
- 5 Municipal Climate Emergency declarations in Halton
- Launching the OakvilleReady program working on climate adaptation
- Educating and supporting the community through food gardens
- Providing over 800 pounds of food to communities in need through local food drives this summer
- Being the backbone agency of the Halton Climate Collective
- Engaging youth with Generation Green
- Running our first Eco-leaders Virtual camp engaging 100 youth on how to take action for the climate in their communities
- Propelling change and inspiring action with Halton Green Screens and our work with ArtHouse
- Supporting large community events with free waste mitigation (Oakville Children’s Festival, Conservation Halton Hops & Harvest Festival, Kerrfest, the Canadian Open)
- Launching of Pop-up, Clean Up this summer to inspire our community to protect our green spaces and waterways
We don’t just talk about climate change, we drive solutions!
With your support, we can ensure that action on climate remains a priority. Your donation will be amplified with the Small Change Fund matching campaign, and you will also receive a charitable tax receipt.
Thank you for your support. Let’s take care of each other and our planet. To learn more about HEN and its programs that transform our community, visit the websites below.